Sunday, October 11, 2009

An Age Limit for Teaching Abroad?

There are several questions that I get asked by many individuals over 50;

1. Can I be accepted to your course if I am of a certain age?
2. Will I be the oldest person on your course?
3. Will I be able to find work if I'm over a certain age?

I want to take the time to say to everyone that in the world of TESOL/TEFL there is NO age limit. The Language House has no age limits for accepting individuals and because of that every course always has a wide range of age groups. The oldest trainee we had was 78 and the last time I spoke with her, she was teaching English in Senegal. Lastly but most importantly, one can find work teaching English abroad no matter what age as long as said person is healthy, responsible and of course has a TEFL/TESOL Certificate.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Good post. Do some countries prefer a younger age though? For example JET wanting 30 or less for Japan.